Thursday 18 October 2012

STUDIO WORK IN STRAND / SOMERSET WEST: Chante

Photographer & Retoucher: Martin Van Niekerk
Model: Chante
Hair stylist: Rene Erwee, Salon Elan in Somerset West
MUA: Candice Harker
Photographer's assistant: Dominique van Wyk

Sometimes it takes the merging of more than one image to create the look you are after. That is what happened with this photograph which was taken in my studio recently. 

In the image that I liked best, the one in which her hair did what I had envisaged, Chante's eyes were closed. So I selected elements from another photograph to merge with the preferred image.

I then added a textured background made up of a repeated pattern of spring blossoms as well as layers of graduated filters, and the image on my screen became the one I had in mind  for the shoot.


The final product


The top two images were combined to create the third.

Left, Rene Erwee of Salon Elan creating the hair style I had envisaged for the shoot.

No comments: